Module 4: Internship journey

Write a journal entry that addresses how you plan to implement or have implemented the internship.

During the Fall quarter, the night internships were brought up I was not present in the lab since I had stayed home due to a cold.  I had missed the important speaking parts of the internship discussion, and also missed the opportunity to ask questions as I normally would have done.  However, since Stephen Foster was present during that night, I asked him about it the next day while we were waiting for others to join the class. He mentioned that he knew of an internship opportunity with Todd Stablefeldt and would initiate contact with him. 

Thanks to Stephen I was able to connect with Todd to set up a Zoom session/interview with him.  During our initial Zoom session, Todd shared his company’s story and his personal journey of how his company C4 Database Management came to be.  I was really impressed with his story of how he got to where he is, and figured that I could learn so much from someone who persevered as much as he had. Luckily for me Todd was willing to take me on as an intern to share some of his knowledge.

So far, my duties as an intern are pretty light, which is to be expected.  After all, no one wants the intern to touch production data that involve the personal health information of patients all over the US.  I am still in the observe, absorb, and learn capacity when I do have my sessions with Todd.  I still learn something new each time we have a session.  There are other C4 team members I get to observe by watching how they use the Datto RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) software to manipulate SQL servers and databases.

Todd does expect me to continue the internship into the Spring quarter, mostly because he feels that the 8 weeks together is too short of an investment.  I am more than happy to continue to learn alongside Todd and the C4 team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 9 Journal Entry

Internship Module 2 Journal Entry