Module 9 Journal Entry

 What is the one thing you would strive to improve upon?


One of my character faults is not being able to step away from controlling/leading out of habit when I am not sure of the power dynamics in the situation I am in.  For example, when I am doing sessions with Todd, I know to take his lead and follow in his direction rather than taking the lead from him.  I know that he is my superior in knowledge and experience, so I am comfortable stepping back and taking his direction.

On the other hand, during group work for classwork assignments, I have found myself to step into the leader role whether or not I was assigned out of habit.  I have found myself taking the initiative to set meeting dates with ample time for my group to complete the work.  During those meetings I usually have an agenda in mind with all my material prepared before the meeting time.  For the most part, I don’t think this has caused a conflict with my groupmates. 

However, while my willingness to step into a leadership position is not considered a weakness, I do need to remember that I don’t always have to be in control.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 4: Internship journey

Internship Module 2 Journal Entry