Module 5 Journal Entry

 Journal Entry Topic: What was your biggest accomplishment during this week's internship?

This week I created a draft of a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) document for the routine handling of the Reports Inbox.  Todd decided that creating this SOP document was a good idea so that I not only have a guideline to follow, but also to documents procedures for the next intern or whoever that follows.  I created the first draft of the document on my own time and presented it to Todd and his business partner Emily Friday afternoon. 

By creating the document, I became more familiar with the nuances of what should look right and what discrepancies I should be looking for.  During our Friday session I was able to notice a discrepancy with one of the servers not submitting summary reports as expected.  Todd was of course already aware of the issue and let me know that the particular server in question was rebooted that afternoon.  That server’s hiccup in service created a cascading effect of incoming tickets bombarding the Support Inbox that also leached over to the Reports Inbox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 4: Internship journey

Module 9 Journal Entry

Internship Module 2 Journal Entry